Sunday, December 26, 2010

With Sugar



May I introduce you to my awesome pet named "Sugar" that came to me in a dream:
She's a mix between a rabbit, a bird and a bit of cat/dog. In my dream I was in a garden
of poppy flowers surrounded by a stone wall and she came to me, at first she had wings
and was more bird-like but throughout the dream changed more into what she looks like
in the painting. She was real curious and friendly and I went for a walk with her and then
I saw my mum and stopped to chat to her and Sugar ran off but I found her again later.
She was singing the lyrics to "It's choade my dear" by Connan Mockasin.

I made a progress video for this painting so now you can watch
the whole process of painting "With Sugar" in less than 3 minutes!

Please excuse the picture quality...it was filmed through the built in laptop camera.



I didn't film the mixing of paints and only a little bit of the initial drawing because you
can barely see anything. I also cut out scenes where I paint on some detail for ages
and the webcam doesn't really pick up any progress.

But all in all it should give you some idea of how it was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...