Monday, January 10, 2011

Mantis and plants



I found this baby mantis while visiting Auckland a few weeks back. I miss seing them
everywhere, they don't seem to exist in Wellington...or they're just hiding very well!
I liked how it was swaying from side to side.
MORE MANTIS AND PLANTS:





Look how tiny it is compared to my hand!






I found a small ant and put them both on a leaf.
The mantis was scared of the ant and ran away :P




I got some carnivorous plants from a friend. This one's especially pretty close-up :)






And this one is some some sort of a pitcher plant. It has a liquid
inside that's supposed to attract flies who then fall into it.




We live in an apartment and so there aren't many flies around but I found
one and was very naughty and caught it and pushed it inside... :P
The plant took forever (as in weeks) to digest it. Apparently they're alright
without flies as well though so they're vegetarian for most of the time :)




I liked the pastel pink and beige leafes of my waxflower plant. <3




It just flowered as well, isn't it pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...