Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Painting and earthquake



I've been experimenting again with my "other" painting style which I used last year
to illustrate my book "The Eternity beneath the Bathtub". Those illustrations were
made using watercolours and coloured pencils.

For this new one I've used acrylics very thinly like watercolours but with the
advantage that you can varnish them which makes the colours come out better.

I plan to do a series of them. They'll all be very dark in black frames and
feature my beloved black bunny rabbits. I'll tell you more about it all in a bit.
MORE:








Also there's been a terrible earthquake in Christchurch yesterday with many
people dead and even more still trapped in the rubble waiting/hoping for rescue.
I would like to auction off a painting of mine with all profits going to the relief fund
there. I'll post again with details on which painting it will be and how to bid on it.

4 comments:

  1. I just found out about the earthquake today around lunch, I thought about you and was hoping you were not in the area. Best of luck with the relief fund, as soon as you post it I'll post your blog on all of mine as well.
    Love your new painting, it's a fantastic style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture of the painting and the bunny! Did you paint on to canvas/canvas board?

    That is so awful about the earthquake, I hope the people trapped get rescued soon.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ faebyl: thanks, all support is appreciated. i've already chosen a painting, will post soon.

    @ Tales from the Dryad Forest: thank you! it's on paper, but lots of varnish, thats where some of the texture comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Auction is on now here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=291357&id=62524683393&fbid=10150106653073394&ref=mf

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...